The Greenleafs must stand together at a critical moment as a new ministry takes control of Calvary. But buried secrets threaten to shatter alliances.

The Greenleaf family, which runs sprawling Memphis megachurch Calvary Fellowship World Ministries, appears to be a loving and caring clan. Beneath the surface, though, exists scandalous secrets and lies. Greed, adultery and sibling rivalry are among the issues that threaten to test the family's faith and tear the group apart.

The scandalous happenings are uncovered by Grace, the estranged daughter of church leader Bishop James Greenleaf, when she returns home after a 20-year absence. Oprah Winfrey has a regular role on the show as Mavis, Grace's aunt.

10. Gratitude

All About The Episodes of The Greenleaf  Season 4

After making a shocking announcement, Grace looks for answers. Kerissa comes clean, and Mae meets with Bob. Charity rides an emotional roller coaster.

9. God's Justice

God's Justice

The tables turn as Grace appeals to the deacons. Phil shows his hand, and James confronts Connie. Kerissa gets hers while Charity demands the truth.

8. Surprise!

Surprise!

After Judee drops a bombshell, the Greenleafs marshal their forces. Mae engages both friends and foes at a party, but Kerissa has plans of her own.

7. Reunited

Reunited

Amid the secrets and lies, Jacob confronts Charity while Sophia makes a discovery. James confides in the family, and Mae reaches her breaking point.

6. The Stranger

The Stranger

The truth comes out, but the Greenleafs' troubles are far from over: Charity spills, Kerissa cuts a deal, and A.J. reaches out from a rough spot.

5. Unwanted

Unwanted

Charity claps back but harbors misgivings. A.J. comes to church, but not in the way that would please Grace. Jacob's work with Dante makes the news.

4. A Common Enemy

A Common Enemy

Bob asks Grace to take a small white congregation into the fold, but there's more going on under the surface. Sophia returns for a surprising reason.

3. Visions and Dreams

Visions and Dreams

After the hurt comes the hope for healing as Grace faces A.J., and Mae learns how she’s perceived. Charity pushes back, and Zora makes a connection.

2. Did I Lose You?

Did I Lose You?

Bills come due as Connie tangles with Mae. Charity finds a way forward but glances back with guilt. Grace reveals devastating details to Noah.

1. Original Sin

Original Sin

Desperate to play their cards right, the Greenleafs attempt a united front against Harmony & Hope. But behind closed doors, bitter accusations fly.

Greenleaf  reviews: What users are saying:

Kermitt Wilson says: I am sorry. Many will not like this. But this show is written by the devil and his imps. It may be a tv show but it vexes the spirit. I know that people are human and plagued with issues. But, this series glorifies the "WORKS OF THE FLESH". A white corrupt church takes over a black corrupt church and the preacher ends up committing adultry with the black preacher's wife.

This show makes a mockery of Christ and the church. It is the work of the devil to desensitize people to sin giving himself place in their lives. If you see these people as Christians and you find yourself identifying with them and accepting of the storyline, you may want to re-evaluate your relationship with The Lord Jesus Christ, because light and darkness have nothing in common with each other.
 We have been warned....

"Now the practices of the sinful nature are clearly evident: they are sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality (total irresponsibility, lack of self-control), idolatry, sorcery, hostility, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions [that promote heresies], envy, drunkenness, riotous behavior, and other things like these. I warn you beforehand, just as I did previously, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God."
Galatians 5:19-21 Amplified Bible (AMP)
------------------------
Pest Hunt Africa says: Stellar Performance and Kudos to the casting!!

This Series has opened my eyes and heart to understand that our Church Leaders especially in Spiritual Roles like the Bishops and Pastors (the whole 5 fold Ministry of Evangelists, Apostles, Teachers, Bishops and Pastors) are indeed after all HUMAN...

And made me realize I cannot judge anyone except God himself must do it...and that is why he tells us in the Bible...'Judgement is the Lord's!'

Has definitely shed a new light in my spirit!

Well Done OWN!!! FANTASTIC SERIES and Looking Forward to more!!! Well Done!!
----------------
Dee Cee says:

I just discovered this show and can’t get enough of it.  I binge-watched the entire Series 1-3 in a matter of days and was riveted throughout.  Great casting.  The actors, real-life story lines and characters are extraordinary.  There are very few, if any, TV drama series centered around the lives of Black folk that are believable.   On a personal note, each episode touches on a part of my Black church experience that either was buried or in some cases, is new.  That my husband has joined me in watching says a lot!  And after each episode, we engage in meaningful, introspective, conversation about the episode’s message – which is sometimes blatant and other times hidden.  It’s sort of like our “GreenLeaf” TV (Book) Club.   Thank you, Ophrah, for Keepin’ it Real…  I LOVE this show… Series 4 – bring it on!
-----------
Nadia Jones says:

Best show on television!!! The show is so perfect and well meticulously written. They leave no questions unanswered! I love the fact that it isn’t a bunch of overly famous people thrown into the script! It gave me time to get to know the characters and fall in love with them. My most relatable character is Charity! Her storyline is soooo relatable to life, in general for me as a woman with a baby. Grace’s character is soooo freaking believable, almost like I seek comfort when she speaks, like she is a pastor at my church. Now lady Mae, the sour patch. Sweet yet sour! You okay the heck out of that part! Love this show!
------------
brenda wilson says:

11/21/18 episode ended with me in tears as I reflected on my personal family challenges. It was a perfect preempt to Thanksgiving dinner with family. I look forward to this show. Craig Wright, if you ever need music, my son is a gospel/rnb songwriter, vocalist and producer, ASCAP member and Apollo winner. He prays as he continues to work his craft praying for a chance to make his family proud. I have forgiven my ex-husband after 20+ years after watching this show and particularly this episode. Thank you Oprah and your amazing cast of members.
----------------
obafemi hart says:

One of the best television series to date. Very addictive, very informational and keeps you anxious. To the people that see the show for exposing truth about the church, you have yet to see even more if you would just stop walking by faith alone. This show delivers all the facts about what goes on in the churches today and its quite hard for the "believers" to admit. Someone said " if you dont believe in GOD, you should keep it to yourself", likewise if you believe you should also do the same. For me as a fragment of this universe, ive realized its way better to live by sight but have little faith (in yourself and the universe). We are all equals and we reply on eachother whether you know it or not.
---------------
Lydia Sequeira says:

I feel indifferent about the show, but it was addicting to watch. As a Christian I believe that gay people need to be in church just like everyone else who sins, but only so we can correct our sins. That includes the sin of being gay, but you can only correct them with love, b/c we all sin and as Christians we need to lift each other up. People think that b/c u go to church, you shouldn't have no issues. All the issues shown on this show are true. People are constantly attacked by Satan especially if you go to church. However, I do think you shouldn't be loud & proud about a sin, but it happens everyday, so I must say this show was pretty accurate.
--------------
Gathoni Nduati sats:

I loved this show. Loved the talented cast, rich settings, immaculate wardrobe and the storylines.

Season 3 is leaving a lot to be desired. Where there used to be positivity with some negativity, now only negativity reigns.

The simultaneous attack on the fidelity of both the Bishop and his son is repetitive and unlikely.

Grace is having an open out of wedlock sexual relationship.... and yet the lead Deacon is proposing her to lead the church?? With no mention of her morality??

Sex and money seem to be at the heart of season 3. I kept watching because I loved this strong church lead by flawed, human characters; seems now all I get is deeply flawed humans in a building called church. I need a strong, positive sermon from the Bishop (which he hasn’t done so far in season 3), to keep my faith in this show.
---------------
Bel W says:

Excellent show, with brilliant casting.  Whomever decided to cast the actors in those particular roles did a stellar job!  Lady Mae and Bishop are so believable as husband and wife, that you truly get drawn into the saga of their lives and feel a vested interest in Calvary and what happens to it.  Oprah embodies the role of Mavis so well too, in her raw and open performance.  LOVE this show and am already starting to feel a little anxious as the episodes draw closer to the end of the final season.
---------------
sabel Carter Heyward says:

Enjoying this show very much!  Wanted a break from the intensity of shows like House of Cards and Broadchurch.  While Greenleaf is plenty intense, with significant issues aplenty -- in a context of  the morally challenged, compromised characters of a couple of fictitious Christian megachurches -- the show invites empathy, even admiration and attachment, to several of the flawed Greenleaf family members.

Viewed through the lenses of my white Christian experience as a woman minister, the fact that the entire show is black and multiracial goes without mention (so far -- I'm only through Season 2).  This is probably both a strength and weakness in a cultural climate that would prefer we liberal white people be "colorblind" rather than seriously engage the ongoing presence and effects of racism.
----------------
Valentina Testa says:

This show is terrible yet somehow addictive. It irks me because half of the storylines in here could be solved if only the characters put their own personal pride aside, which is ironic given they’re all supposedly church people. This show actually sheds a very negative light on the inner-workings of Protestant churches in America, making it all about power and money and very little about Jesus. A missed opportunity to convey the good true Faith can actually do, by simply buying in the clichès and tropes about all the sinful stuff that men get up to. Truly disappointed.
------------------
Another user says:

When I first started watching this show, I thought it was going to be about Christians who believe in God and follow the word but this show is not much different then a show of non-believers. The show is entertaining with a strong cast and very good writing but I realized I cannot compare it to the expectations of Gods church. Scriptures are quoted all wrong, practically all the main cast members are dealing with huge secret sins, I almost can't believe it. Then I have to remind myself that it is just a show. The show presents a blasphemous take of what real church is expected to be, and I would hope those who are shaky in their faith do not take it as reality. Although each episode is thought provoking, I do skip some parts because I just don't agree with the nature of the content. Aside from religion, the show is really good and I like to watch it but to call it a "christian" show is a total lie.

About Greenleaf

The original drama series Greenleaf from award-winning writer/producer Craig Wright (Lost, Six Feet Under, Brothers and Sisters) takes viewers into the unscrupulous world of the Greenleaf family and their sprawling Memphis megachurch, where scandalous secrets and lies are as numerous as the faithful. Born of the church, the Greenleaf family love and care for each other, but beneath the surface lies a den of iniquity—greed, adultery, sibling rivalry and conflicting values—that threatens to tear apart the very core of their faith that holds them together.

Greenleaf stars Merle Dandridge (The Night Shift) as Grace Greenleaf; Keith David (Community) as Bishop James Greenleaf; Lynn Whitfield (The Josephine Baker Story) as Lady Mae Greenleaf; Kim Hawthorne (Rake) as Kerissa Greenleaf; Lamman Rucker (Meet the Browns) as Jacob Greenleaf; Tye White (The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story) as Kevin Satterlee; Deborah Joy Winans (Whitney) as Charity Greenleaf-Satterlee; Desiree Ross (Falling Skies) as Sophia; and Oprah Winfrey (Selma) in a recurring role as Mavis McCready.

Greenleaf is produced for OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network by Lionsgate. Executive producers are Oprah Winfrey, Craig Wright and Clement Virgo.

CAST

Merle Dandridge

Merle Dandridge portrays Grace "Gigi" Greenleaf, estranged daughter of the powerful Greenleaf family, on OWN's new drama series Greenleaf.

Broadway and television star, Merle has acted in a number of popular series, including The Night Shift, Sons of Anarchy, Starcrossed, Criminal Minds, 24, Rosewood, Suits, NCIS: Los Angeles and The Newsroom to name a few. On the Great White Way, she has starred in Spamalot, Tarzan, Aida, Rent and Jesus Christ Superstar. She is also known for her award-winning work in video games including Half Life 2 and The Last of Us. Born in Okinawa, Japan, and raised in Nebraska, Merle attended Roosevelt University in Chicago.

Lynn Whitfield

Lynn Whitfield

Lynn Whitfield portrays Lady Mae Greenleaf, first lady of the megachurch Calvary Fellowship World Ministries, on OWN's drama series Greenleaf.

An alumnus of Washington D.C.'s prestigious Black Repertory Company, Lynn has worked steadily in film and television since her arrival in Hollywood in the late 1970s. Most recently, she has had recurring roles in the hit series How to Get Away With Murder, Mistresses and on the cable drama Hit The Floor. It was on series like Cagney and Lacey, Miami Vice and Hill Street Blues where TV audiences first saw Lynn. She has starred in numerous TV movies and miniseries including Sophie and the Moonhanger, The George McKenna Story, opposite Denzel Washington, The Women of Brewster Place alongside Oprah Winfrey, Stompin' at the Savoy and The Josephine Baker Story, in which she starred as the popular but deeply troubled headliner-turned-civil rights activist.

For her performance playing Baker from age 18 to nearly 70, she won an Emmy award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or a Special, as well as an NAACP Image Award. Her performance also scored her a Golden Globe nomination for Best Performance by an Actress in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television. She has co-starred in numerous feature films, including A Thin Line Between Love and Hate, opposite Martin Lawrence; Redemption, with Jamie Foxx; The Slugger's Wife;Silverado; Doctor Detroit; The Wedding; Stepmom; and Madea's Family Reunion, to name a few.

Born and raised in Louisiana, Lynn went back to her roots for her critically acclaimed role in Eve's Bayou, starring opposite Samuel Jackson. She is a third-generation BFA graduate of Washington, D.C.'s Howard University, and is a member of the legendary Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.

Keith David

Keith David

Keith David portrays Bishop James Greenleaf of megachurch Calvary Fellowship World Ministries on OWN’s new drama series Greenleaf.

Keith has more than 150 film, television and stage roles to his credit, including two Emmy awards. Keith’s memorable film roles include Platoon, Crash, Requiem for a Dream and There’s Something About Mary. Keith is set to appear in the upcoming feature film Nice Guys, starring Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe. Equally in-demand as a voice actor, he has lent his voice to the animated films Coraline, Disney’s Princess and the Frog,Gargoyles and hit video games such as Halo, Mass Effect and Saints Row. Keith was raised in New York and currently resides in Los Angeles.

Watch Season 4 Now on Netflix: This drama's premiere on the Oprah Winfrey Network drew 3.04 million viewers -- more than any other OWN show till then.

Follow Viral Mag on Twitter and Pinterest: